Water Watchers Kits
Students will learn about a team making flexible, small-scale water purification plants that can be used in rural and hard-to-reach communities. Using the question of where our drinking water comes from as the overarching phenomenon, students will explore the various aspects of purification, water availability, weather, and engineering as they ask themselves: "How can we provide safe drinking water to rural and hard to reach communities?" This integrated NGSS curriculum and activity kit brings Science & Engineering Practices (SEPs) and Cross-Cutting Concepts (CCCs) to life in your classroom. Teacher's guide includes flexible pacing guides that accommodate all levels, cross-curricular integration, and printed student notebooks. Curriculum Unit includes everything you need for various water filtration experiments including filter containers, filtration materials and more! Full contents listed below. Recommended for Elementary.
CHOKING HAZARD (1). Not for under 3 yrs.
Grades 3-5 Curriculum Unit includes:
- Filter containers, 6 Ea
- Filter cups, 50 Ea
- Scoops, 20 Ea
- Filter pads, 100 Ea
- Activated carbon, 1 Bag
- Sand, 1 Bag
- pH Paper
- Commercial Filter, 1 Ea
- Magnets, 1 Set
- Educator Guide, 1 Ea
- Separation Strategies introductory activity sheets, 30 Ea
- My STEM Stories™ student notebook, 30 Ea
- My STEM Explorer Notes™ student experiment notebook, 30 Ea
- Separation Strategies – Tools
- Separation Strategies – Objects
- Reference books
- You Wouldn't Want to Live Without Clean Water!, 1 Ea
- National Geographic Readers: Water, 1 Ea
- Great Migrations: Whales, Wildebeests, Butterflies, Elephants, and Other Amazing Animals on the Move, 1 Ea
Click here to download a sample of the NGSS-aligned curriculum manual.