Solar Hydrogen Education Kit
Dive into clean energy through a series of experiments involving water and solar power!
Examine the power of the sun and discover how to use hydrogen as an energy storage source through hands-on projects in this solar energy kit. Students learn how to capture solar energy, how hydrogen fuel cells work, and the basics of electrolysis while extracting hydrogen from water. They will experiment with a solar panel to find the maximum power point and discover how heat, shade, and tilt affect power output on a small propeller. Then students use the solar panel or included battery pack to generate energy from oxygen and water via a fuel cell. Expansive renewable energy curriculum available on an included CD. Material aligned with Next Generation Science Standards. Kit is ideal for 2-3 students. Recommended for Upper Elementary and up.
CHOKING HAZARD (1). Not for under 3 yrs.
- Reversible PEM Fuel Cell, 1 Ea
- Reversible PEM Fuel Cell Base, 1 Ea
- Hydrogen and Oxygen Tanks, 1 Ea
- Inner Gas Containers, 1 Ea
- Water/Gas Tank Module Base, 1 Ea
- Transparent Silicon Tubing, 1 Ea
- 2mm Banana Connecting Leads, 1 Ea
- Plastic Plug Pins for Fuel Cell, 1 Ea
- Battery Pack, 1 Ea
- Syringe, 1 Ea
- Motor and Fan with Propeller Blade, 1 Ea
- 1 Watt Solar Panel, 1 Ea
- CD with Curriculum Manuals, 1 Ea
- Assembly Instructions