Mushroom Maestros Kit
Students go from "gross!" to "woah!" with this hands-on fungus experiment kit!
Students learn how mushroom technology is changing the way we think about packaging, sculpture, and more! Using the game-changing mushroom-based technologies coming out of Ecovative's Mycelium Foundry as the overarching phenomenon, students explore traits, characteristics, and engineering as they ask themselves how traits develop and how can humans use them to solve problems and develop technology. This integrated NGSS curriculum and activity kit brings Science & Engineering Practices (SEPs) and Cross-Cutting Concepts (CCCs) to life in your classroom. Teacher's guide includes flexible pacing guides that support all levels, cross-curricular integration, and printed student notebooks. Curriculum Unit includes materials for a class of 30 students, including 6 bags of mycelium materials, 30 planter forms and more! Mycelium must be used within 10 weeks. Full contents listed below. Book of ideas workbooks sold separately. Recommended for Elementary.
Curriculum Unit includes:
- Grow-it-yourself Mycelium, 6 Bags
- Planter Forms, 30 Ea
- Nitrile Gloves, 50 Pairs
- Traits and Characteristics Sorting Cards, 5 Decks
- Educator Guide
- Stolen From Nature Introductory Activity Sheets, 30 Ea
- My STEM Stories™ Student Notebook, 30 Ea
- My STEM Explorer Notes™ Student Experiment Notebook, 30 Ea
- Reference books
- Fungi: Mushrooms, Toadstools, Molds, Yeasts, and Other Fungi, 1 Ea
- It's a Fungus Among Us: The Good, the Bad & the Downright Scary, 1 Ea
- Read about Fungi: Reading Fun for Kids, 1 Ea
Click here to download a sample of the NGSS-aligned curriculum manual.