Fuel Cell Car Science Kit
Build a hydrogen powered car while exploring the science behind a fuel cell reaction!
Discover the technology being used in full-sized fuel cell cars around the world! Through a series of experiments, students discover how fuel cells generate electricity from hydrogen and oxygen, determine the voltage necessary for water decomposition, and learn how to increase energy efficiency and performance from renewable sources. After assembling the car, students use the reversible PEM fuel cell and an included solar panel or battery pack to split distilled water into oxygen and hydrogen, using the hydrogen to power the car. Markings on the tanks help students track the amount of hydrogen produced. Online curriculum includes 200 hours of activities that align with Next Generation Science Standards. Two AA batteries required (not included). Recommended for Upper Elementary and up.
- Chassis with LED Light & Motor, 1 Ea
- Reversible PEM Fuel Cell, 1 Ea
- Hydrogen Tank, 1 Ea
- Oxygen Tank, 1 Ea
- Inner Gas Containers, 1 Ea
- 0.75 Watt Solar Cell, 1 Ea
- 2mm Connecting Leads, 2 Ea
- Battery Pack with Connecting Leads, 1 Ea
- Plastic Plug Pins for Fuel Cell, 1 Ea
- Transparent Silicon Tubing, 1 Ea